Opening the Gates of Wisdom
A creative exploration of aging and the second half of life using ritual, movement, art process and community
- Discover a deeper sense of purpose and the wisdom of Eldership.
- Explore what it means to age gracefully, with passion and purpose?
- Learn how to bring our wisdom and guidance into the world?
- Develop resources to handle the physical, emotional and mental challenges of aging with grace and perspective.
This 9 month group will explore the Eight Gates of Wisdom as described in “The Second Half of Life” by Angeles Arrien. These gates include the:
- Silver Gate – Facing new experiences and the unknown
- White Picket Gate – Changing identities, discovering one’s true face
- Clay Gate – Intimacy, sensuality and sexuality
- Black and White Gate – Relationships: the crucible of love, generosity, betrayal and forgiveness
- Rustic Gate – Creativity, service and generosity
- Bone Gate – Authenticity, character and wisdom
- Natural Gate – Presence of grace: happiness satisfaction and peace
- Gold Gate – Non-attachment, surrender and letting go
Using community, art process, writing and ritual, we will deeper our understanding of and connection to the purpose of aging and the awakening of eldership. This group offers an opportunity to learn the art of manifestation by looking at what supports and challenges us to age gracefully. And community will support the manifestation of right livelihood, healthy relationship, renewed passion, acceptance, and self-love.
9 Saturday Sessions in Sebastopol
Beginning February 2018
Feb 2, Mar 3, April 7, May 5, June 2, July 7, Aug 4, Sept 8, Oct 6
9 Days – $1170.00
Includes all art materials
(some partial scholarships available)
Monthly payments accepted – full payment $50 discount.